Surgical Care and Services
Why we are the best choice for your pet’s surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Star Meadow Animal Clinic your pet’s safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Safe Anesthesia—a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors, pulse oximetry, electrocardiograms (ECG), capnography, and blood pressure monitors to continuously check your pet’s pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication - is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet’s comfort.
- Critical Care—our ICU enables us to provide 24-hour fluid therapy (a must in critical patients), hourly treatments, and observations.
Veterinary Surgical Services
Star Meadow Animal Clinic provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
In addition to spaying and neutering, we also offer soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries. Our veterinarians work closely with veterinary specialists in the area. A visiting board-certified radiologist and surgeon allow us to offer ultrasonography, echocardiography, orthopedic surgery, and other specialized surgeries without your pet having to travel to an unfamiliar hospital.